visual c++ problem

eggtree

Joined Nov 28, 2006
I wanted to start write C++ program from fresh.I mean writing a program line by line and not getting templete from the internet or libuary.

I got a visual C++ version6 cd install in my pc and used it. When I type some line on a text, click bulid.It always appear 0 error and 0 warning.

I remember during school time, when i write a program, whenever there is error.It will prompt exemple 3 errors and 1 warnings.

Can somebody advise please.Thanks.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

I may just be ignorant, but I would interpret 0 errors and 0 warnings as evidence of valid code. Of course, no compile-time errors does not mean no run-time errors...

EEMajor

Joined Aug 9, 2006
I would also think that zero errors and zero warnings are good. When I was taking my C++ class I was always happy to get this result!

If you are worried, try typing in some bad code, for example, type in this line:

cout >> "\nThis Should Not Work!!";

Notice the >> instead of <<. If the compiler does not give you an error, then there is a problem.

sci-3d

Joined Aug 22, 2006
Before using VC++, it requires the basic understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) ie.,

Class
Properties
Method
Object
Polymorphisms
Inheritances

I think you can study from the book of C++ Primer.

eggtree

Joined Nov 28, 2006
Before using VC++, it requires the basic understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) ie.,

Class
Properties
Method
Object
Polymorphisms
Inheritances

I mean when I type in nonsense, it also display 0 error 0 warning.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

Do you have any literature with VC++? There is a set of operations you have to invoke before entering programming code in the editor, as explained in the manual/programming guide. Can you give us an example of your work?

serg_zone

Joined Dec 2, 2006
yes, your C++ file is useless unless it is included in some other project. For instance, if it's an implementation file for a class, you'd have to refer to it from the header file of your class. Otherwise the file will be left alone and the compiler will never read it as it is not a part of your project.

eggtree

Joined Nov 28, 2006
Hi,

Do you have any literature with VC++? There is a set of operations you have to invoke before entering programming code in the editor, as explained in the manual/programming guide. Can you give us an example of your work?
I did a few program project in school day.The platform is execute i ms dors base.build - save text - if zero error n warning - execute the program in ms dos - key in inout - get output

Current working pace only use template in the software libuary or internet. But I have forgotten the basic so I intend to start over again.

rjKing

Joined Mar 17, 2007

Class
Properties
Method
Object
Polymorphisms
Inheritances

Actually, this is not required. You can write what looks like traditional C code in C++ and for the most part it will compile and work just fine. There are some differences in how some expressions are parsed, but they end up being improvements over traditional K&R C anyway (at least in my opinion).

You can choose to layer your understanding of OO as needed.. but its not required with VC++.. it even retains the basic implementation of the standard library.