vista scrolling mess

swty_todd

Joined Aug 3, 2008
i face this weird problem while scrolling in Vista.
It happens like this: suppose I am scrolling using the vertical scroll bar and clicking on the downward arrow on the scrollbar.Now just after releasing the button if i point my cursor on the screen , the screen moves down.But this doesn't happen always.I mean ,it seems to work perfectly fine one second and the other moment i feel like the scrolling is out of my control.My XP has no scrolling problems though.
Can you suggest a solution?

SigmaCeq

Joined Jul 30, 2009
I have a 4-year-old XP laptop but a lot of my friends at the university have Vista laptops. They are always doing weird things. I've had that scroll problem happen to me a couple times.

I'm not getting a new comp until Windows 7 comes out. My aged laptop, while ridiculously slow at times, is more reliable than most of the Vista ones I've seen in my humble opinion.

swty_todd

Joined Aug 3, 2008
It's consoling to know that I am not the only one having a problem with vista. Hopefully Windows 7 will be a better deal....

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That means you can buy a system with Vista installed, but get a no-cost license to install XP instead.

You do not mention the make of your computer. You might try to find an interest group that deals with your computer and see if anyone else has the problem and if there is a work around.

swty_todd

Joined Aug 3, 2008
My computer configuration is
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU
T2310 @ 1.46 GHz
790 Mhz, 0.99 GB RAM

To speak the truth i thought I might have clicked on some setting and activated some scrolling controls which might have led to this problem.
Yes sir , I will try to find some other group , which is more specific.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
To investigate that: Start -> Control Panel -> Mouse, and see if there is a better setting. You can close that and go to the Display settings off the Control Panel window.

From some limited secondhand information from Vista users, the problem is somewhat likely to be Vista related. Are you current as to all updates? There are a huge number of them.

You might also find that the problem is motherboard or video card specific. The manufacturers of those devices may have Vista updates to make things work.

With Windows, you never outgrow your need for updates.

FastEddie

Joined Jul 14, 2007
Does anyone know how to do this? I would love to go back to XP. I looked on the MS site and couldn't find anything. Found lots of info on upgrading(?) from XP to Vista though.