Virtual ground voltage follower single power supply

Obedulla Desai

Joined Jul 28, 2017
I want to connect output from the virtual ground circuit to voltage follower in my circuit . How can I do that ? How to enable VSS and VEE supply using single power supply.please help me ?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I want to connect output from the virtual ground circuit to voltage follower in my circuit . How can I do that ? How to enable VSS and VEE supply using single power supply.please help me ?
It's hard to tell what you are trying to do. Just taking a guess, it sounds like you have a single supply (let's call it a battery) and you want to use it to power a circuit that needs positive and negative rails. For example, one of the first circuit designs I did used a 9 V battery but needed to work with positive and negative signals, so I powered a quad opamp with the battery and then used two resistors to produce a voltage that was midway and then sent that to one of the amps configured as a voltage follower and the output of the amp was my circuit common (i.e., "ground").

Worked fine. You do have to be careful not to put too much capacitance on it and to use a unity-gain stable opamp.

Obedulla Desai

Joined Jul 28, 2017
What is the voltage range of the signal you wish to amplify with the follower?
What is the supply voltage?
I am mainly using the 12 volts supply voltage. I want to connect to transimpedence amplifier for Photodiode applications. To amplify the current to voltage.Where i have to connect the output from the rc filter connected to virtual ground circuit to the transimpedence amplifier ?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I am mainly using the 12 volts supply voltage. I want to connect to transimpedence amplifier for Photodiode applications. To amplify the current to voltage.Where i have to connect the output from the rc filter connected to virtual ground circuit to the transimpedence amplifier ?
Don't really understand what you have.
Can you post a schematic?