Video signal to IP based signal

Blangdk

Joined Aug 21, 2014
Hi Guys,

Need to get a video signal converted into an IP based signal that can be sent via the internet to a tablet of some kind.

I have seen devices out there which would do the trick, but I need something small that can be combined on another PCB design.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
What kind of a video signal are we talking about here? Black & White, Color, Analog, Digital; help us out and give a clue Sir. BTW -- how much would such a design be worth? I think $50,000 USD might cover it.

Blangdk

Joined Aug 21, 2014
Sorry guys.
It would be digital video, colour, 720p or 1080p.
And US$50.000 is probably a bit overkill i'd say.o_O

And it is not a nanny cam. Don't need that on a tablet. My apartment isn't that big. ;)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Sorry guys.
It would be digital video, colour, 720p or 1080p.
And US$50.000 is probably a bit overkill i'd say.o_O

And it is not a nanny cam. Don't need that on a tablet. My apartment isn't that big. ;)
It is not overkill if you only want only one built from scratch. If you're going to make a bunch of them you have to figure out what engineering time is worth. My point is that engineering time is not cheap, especially when the requirements are vague and imprecise. I'd be interested in what other people think about the cost of a vague design projects, because we get requests to do designs from time to to time and the posters are ALWAYS amazed at how expensive they are. In just over 8 years of being a member I can't recall a single design request on this board that ever came to fruition. If there has been one, I'd sure like to hear the story.

In theory you could do this with a desktop PC that had a camera input and an Ethernet port. It might or might not operate in real time, since Ethrnet, may have throughput issues when the network is heavily loaded.

Last edited:

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Just post the video on youtube...
or email the video as an attachment..
or buy an ip webcam and on and on..

Just give MUCH more detailed information..
whats generating this video?..
what does this "other" pcb do?
saying "small" is pointless without actual measurements..
and on and on so its VERY clear what you really need.