video card help

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
You are replacing 6450 with 6450. WTF is the point?
The point is that The Ati 6450 Flex has 2 DVI's and 1 HDMI outputs and it states that all outputs work as one, while my Assus ati Hd 6450 has HDM DVI and VGA and only 2 outputs work at same time,VGA+HDMI or VGA DVI, and not the 3 outputs at same time

Last edited:

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014
this lenovo doesn't have onboard video?

i suspect it does have as you've reported 3.8gb memory
if so, use that socket as well and save the money.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
this lenovo doesn't have onboard video?

i suspect it does have as you've reported 3.8gb memory
if so, use that socket as well and save the money.
If the presence of dedicated gpu disables the onboard gpu, then just get el chipo pci card, put it into pci slot and use it for third monitor. Or get a cheap pci-e card and put it into pci-e x1 or x4 slot, and use it for third monitor.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
If the presence of dedicated gpu disables the onboard gpu, then just get el chipo pci card, put it into pci slot and use it for third monitor. Or get a cheap pci-e card and put it into pci-e x1 or x4 slot, and use it for third monitor.

thanks my motherboard on lenovothinkcenter 71 is this; see link ;
what other Video card can i add to the free mini pci slot , and will it work in paralel with the existing Ati HD 6450 that is in the only 16x express pci slot,

i have an Intel Hd 2000 integrated card but when i connected the AGP ATI hd 6450 card did disable it automatically ,so how come if i connect another video card in the mini PCI slot,it will not disable the existing ati HD 6450?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...678340770.html

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
thanks my motherboard on lenovothinkcenter 71 is this; see link ;
what other Video card can i add to the free mini pci slot , and will it work in paralel with the existing Ati HD 6450 that is in the only 16x express pci slot,

i have an Intel Hd 2000 integrated card but when i connected the AGP ATI hd 6450 card did disable it automatically ,so how come if i connect another video card in the mini PCI slot,it will not disable the existing ati HD 6450?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...678340770.html
Because Windows has been supporting multiple pci cards since Win95/98.

Also check and see if you can enable the onboard gpu. Maybe something in bios. Read the lenovo lit.

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014
most new boards bios give you the option of which to initiate first - integrated or slot graphics first. from the looks of the link you gave, it has dual output without the additional card.

as shteii01 types, check the bios

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
most new boards bios give you the option of which to initiate first - integrated or slot graphics first. from the looks of the link you gave, it has dual output without the additional card.

as shteii01 types, check the bios
The ATI HD 6450 disables the on board Integrated Card, i go in the bios i change to IGC and connect monitor to VGA but no signal,

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
I did a bit experimenting the other day. I have intel dg35ec mobo. It has integrated gpu, intel x3500 or some such.

I play games so I need a better video card, I use nvidia gtx 460 in pci-e x16 slot.

I went into bios, selected pci-e video card. gtx 460 working. intel igpu not working, not showing up in device manager.
I went into bios, selected igpu. igpu working, showing up in device manger. gtx 460 not working.
So. Like frank, my mobo does not use igpu when "external" video card is present.

frank. My advice, get cheap second pci or pci-e card and connect third monitor to it. If you get pci-e card, you can stick it into x1 or x4 pci-e slot, it will work. Since you already have a radeon card, I would get another radeon from the same family so that you can use the same driver. Since 6450 is the most basic card in the 6000 family, get another one. Or get something cheap for 15 bucks from ebay.

I have nvidia 8400 pci-e card, that I got from ebay for 15 bucks including delivery, a few years back when I had some interesting computer problems.