Variable Frequency Filter Mfg. by A. P. Circuit Corporation AP265-5

Jerry Russell

Joined May 13, 2018
I am after any information pertaining to a Variable Frequency Filter Mfg. by A. P. Circuit Corporation, Model: AP265-5. A schematic and/or manual (PDF or jpg form) would be fantastic. I would also like any information possible on the company. Originally they were in NY but now that location is condominiums. I am not even sure of the year that the company went out of business since I find no record of their existence on the Internet.

Jerry Russell

Joined May 13, 2018
Thanks to Delta Prime for the response but there is apparently several different versions of the filters that were provided by AP Circuits Corp. I have attached a jpg (see attached file) of the AP265-5 in question that I own. It is a filter that seems specifically directed at the HF Amateur Radio Bands from 160 Meters up through 10 Meters. It operates on AC line voltage.

AP265-5.jpg

Jerry Russell

Joined May 13, 2018
Here is a pic of back and bottom. I won't have this in my possession for a couple of days. It is in shipment.

AF265-5 Back.jpg

AF265-5 Bot.jpg

I have been told that it originally came from Scandinavia so I thought it worked off 220VAC since that is the nature of their outlets. According to the seller, it works on 110VAC - at least it glows the pilot light which doesn't say much be it 120 or 220. The other thing is the DC switch on the back which is strange? I won't be shocked to find out that it is a tube unit but if it is passive and not active, why tubes or even Op-Amps? It will be interesting to see what I purchased. I am a sucker for gadgets but sure would like to get hold of a schematic with legible component values. It is odd that there is no record of this company. I found their NY address but now all that is there is condos.