Value of a capacitor

Flug540

Joined Mar 24, 2012
No on them being plugged, they read the same in or out.

What came of your project? I sourced everything to replicate the T9 down to the amp connectors. Just the available resistors I'm finding difficult.
Well... my ideas for the project kept evolving and improving and then the priorities changed... :)

If one copy is all you need to make, I have a spare unit laying around somewhere.

Who at Digi-Key said they were correct? A 1.2kΩ is a common part that is "more correct".
Online band search. I know I can measure it and then look for that spec resistor.

I was trying to be exact and get precisely the same parts down to the color of the bands. I'll just order based on measured resistance.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
I'll just order based on measured resistance.
Better yet, is to understand exactly why 1% resistors were required/used. If nothing else, you can select the 5% value closest to the measured 1% value in your circuit. Or, you can parallel two values to get to the value you need (ie, 1500Ω in parallel with a 6200Ω).

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Thanks a lot!

How do you read them? Can you point me to a link describing how to interpret the markings for future reference?
Most electronics hobby magazines repeat articles on component identification from time to time.

There are various online archives you can download from; americanradiohistory.com, archive.org and electronicsandbooks are 3 I can think of.

EAB can be reluctant to load - sometimes it suddenly bursts into life about 7pm.