Votes: 0 0.0%
  • how to measure uv sensor?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nowycampus1

Joined Dec 10, 2017
/UV lamp is lightning.

But main alarm ( red lamp is lid):
- UV lamp on place ( new lamp) , it's glowing.

With UV lamp _ red light
How check UV sensor?
Voltmeter - Ampmeter ( mV-mA), how to cennect multimeter?

When i lighting flashlight then alarm is going out. I want to check the value when this alarm is going out.

Attachments

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
It would be more productive if You use an English and ultimate full sentences. Only in that case would be possible to give any advice.
1)If You want to know what sensor to use for sensing the UV, best idea is any kind of phosphoric tablets/screens. The luminiscence then may be easily measured by ordinary measures.
2)Other idea is to measure the light flux via the ordinary window glass and without. If there windowless photodetector shows a difference then voila. At least most oldest russian FK-01 and 02 and 03 was windowless, thus working up to the X-rays if need. However, plastic window is not harming the UV over some 300+ nm. Yet under the 200 nm it ought be the total stopper.
3)From phosphoscencing substances at kitchen obstacles, probably, the best would be the acetylsalycilate (solutable in ethanol), however there is one less active but more conveniant receipt: - aspirin drug tablet (acetylsalicylic acid (ASA)) - soluted in 1% acetic acid v/v in chloroform solvent. In this solvent the fluorescence excitation wavelength for ASA is approximately 290 nm, and the emission band approximately 300-420 nm

Last edited by a moderator:

nowycampus1

Joined Dec 10, 2017
I tried to measure mA, and mV on the sensor. When light is on, without the light or with flashlight: But unfortunately i don't found any change.

Maybe somebody can tell me how to measure exactly, where I need connect probes and mA / mV?

The alarm is going out when I lighted flashlight.

I wonder about this 80W balast:
Readings
1-4 22 VAC
2-3 22 VAC
3-1 23 V AC
4-2 22V AC

3-4 0,6 VAC
1-2 0,6 VAC

This is correct or must be higher?

We have new lamp, everything was cleaned. Still alarm red lampa

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I know very little about this, but here is an idea:

Measure AC voltage across the starter (5U1) it should be zero until the lamp starts, then it should show a high voltage. If this does not happen, replace 5U1.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Flashlight lamp has an average pulse time between 1 and 10 milisec, so the digital instrument has no chances to catch it. You need to use at least the oscilloscope with memory. And be prepared that pulse is not only short but small too in voltage. And what is worst, signal impedance is quite large, in smaller sensors there may be even megaohms, so the tester`s (worst case) 100kOhm stands too small.
To measure voltage or current - in appropriate Application Notes it are written the tons of analyse, generally, amperage is more sensitive but slow, when voltage is more fast but less sensitive/noisy. Or maybe contrary, You may find those articles at Google.

P.S. But where You see in the circuitry the flashlamp???!!! I see there only slow type of daylight tubular lamp, what is far slower and many decades less strong as flashlight.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Just wise pople are making such sensor devices with modulated light source, using a NE567 what second half is generating the chosen frequency laid to power mosfet what is cycling the light source, but primary half is synchronously detecting specifically this frequency. And in the output one may choose between yes/no signal for detection of that source lightwaves, or semi-lineary for amplitude modulated signal, or third choice - for frequency modulated light signal. Cheap, simple, but powerful.