Using MOSFET and Arduino for PV IV curve tracer.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Having some time to myself today I found a couple of IRLZ44s hiding in my "MOSFETs (various) drawer" and lashed up a crude test environment...

IMAG1212.jpg

Which, surprisingly, yielded pretty good results:

SDS00011.png

Yellow is Vgs. 0 - 10v @ 10Hz (10mS/div, 2v/div) driven through a 50ohm resistor from my Siglent SDG1032X AWG. Pink is Vds @ 0.5V/div, max 2.5v and blue is Id measured using an ACS712-20A HALL sensor, hence a tad noisy @ 2A/div.. The max current is limited by my bench supply, but the poor MOSFET was feeling a bit warm so I didn't bother breaking out the 50A PSU ti allow a higher compliance voltage before the current limit kicked in. As you can see, the MOSFET turned on quite fully at just under 3v, a little higher than I would expect, but good enough.

Here's another run, this time at Vds = 2v, (0.2v/div) and max Id = 2.4A (50mA/div). Vgs at switch-on is broadly similar.

SDS00012.png

In neither case, or in other testing, have I seen the artefacts you've encountered.

One thing that did occur to me however. How are you driving the gate from the DAC? Can you post a schematic...