Using Momentary Power Remote Transmitter to Operate Continuous Motor

RLK.

Joined Oct 6, 2023
I have a project I'm working on that uses a wireless remote transmitter system. This transmitter system produces momentary power of 6v when the button is pressed.

Is there any way to use this to trigger a continuous motor to work a linear solenoid or continuous servo? I'm open to using a battery pack that mounts to the unit the receiver from the wireless remote mounts to or any other solution that would make this setup work.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

You‘ll need to provode more infromation to avoid a lengthy guessing game and actually get help. Please give us:

• A list of parts (the remote control bits. the servo(s), &c) including make and model, or a link to the datasheets.
  • A schematic (or if you don’t know how to draw one, wiring diagram) of how you intended to connect things.
  • A timeline of what you expect operation to be like when it works.
  • And, last on this list but critical to put all the other things into perspective, the problem you are trying to solve—not your solution, but the problem that led you to choose these things.

With a little work from you on the front end, the chances of a good outcome here are greatly increased, and the likelihood of a solution to your problem, and not just “making the parts ‘work’ is possible.

Again, welcome to AAC—there is free expert help here if you can make your problem clear. Good luck.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
It is the receiver for the control that needs to cause something to happen. THAT portion is what we need information about.
Is the six volts the signal that comes from the receiver?? It is not clear just what needs to happen when the button at the transmitter is pressed. THAT is what we need to know.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Are you tied to using the transmitter and receiver you describe?

There are RF remote control modules available very cheaply that will activate a relay with one press and deactivate it with the next press, which sounds to like exactly what you are asking for.

vu2nan

Joined Sep 11, 2014
Low-cost, 433 MHz, single / two / four channel wireless remote control switches are available off the shelf.

The receiver / relay board, of size 40 x 40 x 25 mm for one channel and 80 x 40 x 25 mm for four channels, works off a 12 V DC power supply. The coil antenna is wired to the board.

The transmitter / control unit is a key fob, with a dedicated on / off button per channel, having a range of around 50 m.

It would be convenient to utilise a pair for your project.

Nandu.

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
In keeping with what I have been reminded of, the request was to use what the TS already had, hence my response that we had to have more information. It is often simpler to scrap what is already in place and purchase new, BUT in many parts of the world that is not an option. The fact is that not everybody has available more money than they know what to spend it on.
Also, in some parts of the world, there are no honest vendors of technical items in some of the smaller city areas. This was verified to me by a missionary who I was advising on technical repairs for his household in one of those "other parts of the world." Those claiming to be suppliers of service pats were only sellers of new appliances, which they had no clues as to how to repair any of them.

RLK.

Joined Oct 6, 2023
Are you tied to using the transmitter and receiver you describe?

There are RF remote control modules available very cheaply that will activate a relay with one press and deactivate it with the next press, which sounds to like exactly what you are asking for.

I am tied to using this specific transmitter/receiver for this project.

PRODUCT_IMG36MAR.jpg

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If there is an actual six volt signal, then certainly, with a few additional parts and some source of a bit of power, it can be made to start some sort of action that will continue until it somehow is switched off. But the question now is how much power needs to be switched on by that six volt signal being sent.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Th remote has 4 buttons. The receiver must distinguish between them in some way. One button for on and one for off would be a little easier than one button for both.

vu2nan

Joined Sep 11, 2014
A 6V DC standard relay and a 12 V DC ratchet / impulse relay are required.

The ratchet / impulse relay is set and reset with every alternate pulse input to its coil.

1.jpg

The 12 V DC supply to the device is turned on with one push of the RR Deluxe transmitter launcher button and turned off with the subsequent push.

Nandu.

Last edited:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The RF remote system is an application-specific dog training device.

Would you please explain the problem you are trying to solve? It becomes frustrating when guessing is the only option.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Certainly Y is correct. Far too many times the way a request for assistance seems to say" This is all that you need to know" relative to a request for some solution. This was another one of those times.
A solution that would work very well in a mains powered application will probably not be as useful as part of a dog training collar. IN that instance the very simplest scheme will be for the 6 volt signal to trigger an SCR into the on state As no reference to sitching off was mentioned, this suggestion does not include that function.