Uses an nor gate ic to make it useful for everyday life

dyollmai

Joined Aug 27, 2015
my professor told us to make a project that uses an IC NOR Gate. My plan is to make it useful for everyday life. except the common things like charger...or lighting a led. thanks.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
What about a half adder or an oscillator using NOR gates?

I don't see any question in your post....

Allen

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
An IC NOR gate is a basic building block of digital circuits. Just as a bolt is a basic building block of mechanical systems. So your statement is very much akin to someone saying that their prof told them to make a project that uses a bolt and that they plan to make it useful for everyday life. How would you respond to such a post?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
In the Homework Help forum you are expected to show your work/thoughts/progress so far so that we can offer guidance (but not do your homework for you).

dyollmai

Joined Aug 27, 2015
sorry for my post guys.. i do have an idea on how does the NOR gate works but i was just tryin to gather some ideas on how would i able to assemble a useful project. i am planning to make a 4 pieces of turbine (my 1st idea) then once the 4 engines shuts down then as the NOR Gate response from the OFF turbines, the warning LED or something that i am working on it...is going to light. something like that guys.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Ask yourself:
Should each engine provide a logic high or logic low output when it is running?
Should the gate output be high or low to light the LED?