User activity

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Admins and or mods, would it be possible to show some graph of user activity during the day, if it was not too much hassle? Maybe posts and views, possibly averaged over a few months? It might be interesting to see when different parts of the world contribute and how much.
Also, I´d like to see if others would like to see something like that :)

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Admins and or mods, would it be possible to show some graph of user activity during the day, if it was not too much hassle? Maybe posts and views, possibly averaged over a few months? It might be interesting to see when different parts of the world contribute and how much.
Also, I´d like to see if others would like to see something like that :)
I'd find that info quite interesting too. Good idea.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Well it will still be a bit too coarse, since I got here 0:20 and you I guess have about 16:20 but still might be interesting, at least to see when you can expect most attention to threads. I guess since anyone can type any text in their location there is no easy way to sort through that to see the countries.

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
It would be a bit interesting that I agree on however, the U.S would bury us. I've been here for (letmecheck) well...X amount of years and I've only once come across a fellow countryman. (The usage of U instead of V gave him away ;))

The reason I'm mostly silent is that I know that there are far more experienced people on here than me and I feel like I would just get in the way.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
It would be a bit interesting that I agree on however, the U.S would bury us. I've been here for (letmecheck) well...X amount of years and I've only once come across a fellow countryman. (The usage of U instead of V gave him away ;))

The reason I'm mostly silent is that I know that there are far more experienced people on here than me and I feel like I would just get in the way.
The number of members from Rhode Island would bury all of the members of Iceland. We don't need the whole US. ;)

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
As I viewed the link above, I could not help but notice the bounce rate ...

Bounce rate is the rate people who visited one page on the site and then left. So I wondered how it stacked against the other sites I used in an earlier research.

bounce-rate.jpg

It looks like as the focus of the site strays from a narrow scope, the bounce rate increases. I'd have to find other narrowly scoped sites to confirm that hypothesis. Bounce Rate is explained at wiki.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I´d say that doesn´t look too bad, even though I don´t understand why eto is significantly worse, when to me it seems very much in the same rank as aac.

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Turnover is rapid in forums. There are two extremes though, the less that 1 month members drop rapidly and the > 1 year folks are the blood, sweat, and tears of the forums. We no longer have access to the member database so, it's tough to look over the population as a whole. One can infer from the statistics at the bottom with respect to growth, but it will not show any subscription period with respect to the number of posts. You can infer that from the date someone joined and the number of posts they made.

I seem to recall AAC was growing faster than ETO, even though the scope mirrors one another during the time I was paying attention. Their rank differs immensely according to the link above.

ETO Ranking

Here is some old information about the average daily growth in the three data bits you can grab on the front page. It can be skewed by the administrators when they cull the membership rolls, if they ever to that.

stats.jpg

Last edited: