Useful websites for electronics (Ver. 2)

reysaura

Joined Aug 6, 2013
good morning everybody i am new in this electronics and i want to know where site i can buy parts for my repairs e.g. to my samsung LCD TV the parts number is FSQO765R I think this is a power switch it has a six pins.

What a nice collection of electronic resources. Engineering students and professionals will surely appreciate this too. However, I think you missed out on one important device--load cells. Load cells are used to test the tension and strain capacity of heavy equipment which is important for safety engineering.

Cal Rico

Joined May 1, 2012
This is a great thread.
Is there a way to summarize forum info contribution into a resource list, add to it every so often? Perhaps retaining the short notes on why each site is so handy?

Honestly? I am overwhelmed as an amateur hobbyist with so many sites and resources all around the internet. I quit using Google and now use Duck Duck Go to google. fewer ads and the "gamed" links at the top of the search results.

My contributions:
Datasheets and Schematics:
eservice.com
electronicslab.com (Philipines)
electror.com
hifiengine.com (audio)
hifimanuals.com (more audio)
icmaster.com
plus the large parts houses, Mouser, Newark, Digi-Key, etc

Learning-
Arduino official website
Instructables (blah..)
wikihow.org (once in awhile something really helpful)
Fixyourprinter
Electronics 101 (in the UK

Cal Rico

Joined May 1, 2012
I just post an inquiry about if this type of post can be summarized as a resource list.

I then realized that I keep expanding my own resource list by copying to PDF webpages and other resource info into PDF format. Then combining them by type of resource info, etc. ending up with a both searchable PDF and printable guide in part or whole.
I would be glad to post the PDFs I have compiled, if anyone is interested. Just let me know where. I edit it them down to the essentials, and none of it is copyrighted.

In fact, i would appreciate your input after looking at them. This would allow me to improve on them. It would be one way a may giveback to the community. I also enjoy organizing information, as spent much of my career developing databases for clients. Simple ones.

Rico

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC.

Yes, I believe an organized listing would be helpful.
How large is your list? We need to investigate would it would take to merge your list with this list and all the links that have been posted in this thread.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I think the most difficult part in this case is to come up with clear-cut categories that are unique and not-cross spanning.

Post your files here and we'll see what will come out of it.

I'm exploring LaTeX text editing lately, so some automation could be implemented in the .pdf creation process.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I see many projects using RC hobby servos. Often, there is some confusion as how they are used. These links provide a clear explanation of how to use RC hobbyist servos.

RC hobbyist servos are not simple motors. They require a signal to move. Their speed is not controlled by voltage. Their direction is not controlled by polarity. They are limited to a motion of approximately 180°. Special or modified RC servos are needed for continuous rotation.

The first link is a good theoretical explanation.
http://www.servocity.com/html/how_do_servos_work_.html

The second link provides more details and additional links to specific applications.
http://www.societyofrobots.com/actuators_servos.shtml