USB LiPo charging circuit and 5V booster

Twinstar

Joined Aug 4, 2021
Hey guys,

i am new to the whole pcb desing scene. So im sure you can help me with my beginner questions:)

The circuit works okish:
- It delivers 5V
- It cuts the voltage by a short circuit
- It charges the LiPo

BUT, and thats a big but.
- It only can sustain ~100mA current, everthing above will trigger the over current detection and it wil shut down.
- It only loads with 500mA, and it does not load from USB-C to USB-C Cable only with a USB-A to USB-C cable.

Which makes it useless.... It should deliver 2,4A and charge with 1,7A. I can not see what i did wrong, maybe your eyes can see it more clear than mine.

Here is the charging IC IP5306-LC datasheet:
IP5306
If you can tell me where to find these in english, i would also appreaciate this a lot :)

This is my diagram:
Schematic_USB_charger_2021-08-05.png

best regards!

Juhahoo

Joined Jun 3, 2019
From which source you try to output the charge current ? If I'm not mistaken, USB port needs some communication to request more amps, could this be the case?

What sort of a battery you have, can it output enough of amps what you request?

Twinstar

Joined Aug 4, 2021
From which source you try to output the charge current ? If I'm not mistaken, USB port needs some communication to request more amps, could this be the case?
I tried serveral USB-C chargers, but none works above 0,5A. I need a better IC, which can negotiate with USB PD and QC 3.0. So yeah your hint is correct, this can not be fixed with this design.

What sort of a battery you have, can it output enough of amps what you request?
Some Samsung 3,7V LiPo Cell with 3300mAh. Which can handle 2C. Should be more than enough. I need at least 10W of sustained drain.

But this thread can pretty much be deleted, because i need a different IC anyway.