Urgent Help Please - Newbe out of control!

usdiggs

Joined Dec 4, 2006
Hi, I need some help to design what sounds like a simple project. All it needs to do is count up or down (displaying on 7 segment displays) when a button is pressed. I have been trying to use Ic's SN74192 as the counter and SN74247 as the display driver. It only need to be up to 99.

As well as this I also want to have another display that counts down (MM:SS) from 2 minutes. Once it has counted down to zero, then it resets to blank state or just stays at zero.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Dazed & Confused
:confused: :eek:

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
How about posting your circuit design so far. This will give the members a starting point in assisting you with your design.

hgmjr

usdiggs

Joined Dec 4, 2006
How about posting your circuit design so far. This will give the members a starting point in assisting you with your design.

hgmjr
Thanks Hgmjr, I have started by trying to get one 7 segemnt display working as I under stand the cascading to add more on. I have attached a jpeg of my little mess.

Thanks

Attachments

nomurphy

Joined Aug 8, 2005
The LOAD signal has no source, it is not driven, neither is it pulled up or down (this also affects the NAND gate inputs).

Also, the CLEAR and preset lines A-D need to be terminated appropriately.

ALWAYS terminate any unused inputs to the appropriate state.

usdiggs

Joined Dec 4, 2006
Ok, Thanks. Now what does that mean? Sorry I am very new to this. Are you able to edit the jpg? or sketch it si I can see what you mean. Thanks