Urgent! Please help regarding 50A MCB 3 phase

radicalrev

Joined Mar 21, 2018
Dear all,

I have an urgent question to ask, couldn't be more happy to know that there is such forum that exist to ask electrical questions.

First of all,
We have a upcoming/new 3 phase 220v Industrial Laundry Machine that draws 46AMP when starting the machine, and in 0.5 seconds it will drop to 20AMP when running and consume electricity at a rate of 8kWh.

The location we have now have limit of 33kva capacity from the power company and a 3 phase 50AMP MCB. The current location already have a few smaller laundry machines using about 27kWh, and roughly 20AMP at any given time.

The question is, is the current electrical spec enough to power the upcoming/new machine? If not, what should we do to fit the new machine?

P.S Sorry for my grammar as english is not my first language.

Thank you so much for helping!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Normally MCB or NFB's have a time delay built in before tripping, so you may be OK with the initial short O.C.
But how are you running 27Kw on 220v at 20AMPS!?
Max.

radicalrev

Joined Mar 21, 2018
Normally MCB or NFB's have a time delay built in before tripping, so you may be OK with the initial short O.C.
But how are you running 27Kw on 220v at 20AMPS!?
Max.
Sorry, it is 7kwh at 20amps 220v. Not 27kwh.

So even if we are already using 20amps, we can still use the exisiting layout for the new machine that has a starting AMP of 46A?