urgent help me, design of an octal-to-7-segment common cathode decoder

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
The kmaps in post #20 are correct as far as you went. The truth table doesn't reflect the don't care counts.
octalTruthTableEdit.jpeg
Next time, take a screen shot instead of taking a picture. We won't have to deal with the Moire patterns and alignment issues.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
My assignment I have to ignore 0 & 1. So it’s my kmap wrong cause I didn’t put logic 1 those that has number 1 in the number 0 & 1
The entries for 0 and 1 are don't cares because you aren't required to decode those counts. Unlike 7 which is an invalid input, but you're required to decode it anyway.

The don't cares let you simplify most of the terms.

minakshi gold

Joined Jun 14, 2024
Okie g
The entries for 0 and 1 are don't cares because you aren't required to decode those counts. Unlike 7 which is an invalid input, but you're required to decode it anyway.

The don't cares let you simplify most of the terms.
Ok give me few moments! I will try to do my Boolean expression and help me check if it’s correct!

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
It doesn't look like you're using the don't cares correctly and you haven't populated the kmaps correctly. It would be helpful if you drew circles on the map for each term.

minakshi gold

Joined Jun 14, 2024
It doesn't look like you're using the don't cares correctly and you haven't populated the kmaps correctly. It would be helpful if you drew circles on the map for each term.
Ok why not just help me with the letter ‘a’ I will try to figure out the rest