Uploads in Blog failing.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
OK, my original blog...

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/blog.php?b=49

I'm splitting the cookbook part of PaintCAD from PaintCAD, to reduce the base size of the PaintCAD.zip file (quite a bit). The cookbook.zip file is around 1.53Meg, and I'm getting a message that I do not have permissions to upload this file to this blog.

Far as I can tell it should meet the file size requirements, so I don't have a clue.

BTW, on the prefix you might add something like site issues, or some such to flag problems.

Thanks guys.

As a test, I'll upload it here. I'll erase it in a week or two.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Ok Bill, I've just had a little play around with your zip-file and your blog to try and ascertain if this is a global issue, a user account privilege issue, or an issue local to your user account and I am getting a Database Error on the upload so I suspect there is some issue on our end; this is going to require some further investigation.

Dave

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Thanks, no worries. Occasionally during what I think is the backups I might get something similar, but it goes away.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
There is definitely something it doesn't like about that ZIP-file. I have tried to upload it independently to my blog and I still get the Database Errors; however it will upload other attachments, including ZIP-files of my own, without issue.

Dave

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
And it uploaded to the forum OK too. Strange.

I'm going to try a quick reconfigure to see if it makes a difference.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I removed the files from the folder, and removed a couple of files to shrink the size with no luck. When it was embedded in the PaintCAD files it didn't have the problem. Strange.

I won't loose any sleep over it though. I wonder if it has something to do with the number of files in the package?

Attachments

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Thanks again Bill for alerting us of this problem. I think I have found out the problem, and it should all be working properly now. I attempted to upload Cookbook.zip to a blog post and it was successful.

Cheers,

Rob

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
New member are using blog to ask question like a post. They see the
space and treat it like post,jamming up blog space.A lot to go thru
to find a real blog.Could post be moved to right area like other things are moved best place. Just a question. Loosewire

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
A valid point. I've had the same thought, but never verbalized it. I would put this in a new thread under forum or blog suggestions.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
OK, I've included the screenshots of the errors, along with another copy of the file I'm trying to upload.
The first screeny was the one I was getting for the database error.

Thanks again Bill for alerting us of this problem. I think I have found out the problem, and it should all be working properly now. I attempted to upload Cookbook.zip to a blog post and it was successful.

Cheers,

Rob
Was it a settings issue Rob, since I couldn't track anything down in the AdminCP?

Dave

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Talking to Rob offline, the file was mistakenly being stored in the database, a configuration error I think.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Talking to Rob offline, the file was mistakenly being stored in the database, a configuration error I think.
Ah right. Makes sense since I couldn't see any setting that would preclude the upload. Strange that it affected the Blogs and not the Forums when ultimately they use the same system.

Dave