Unknown subcircuit called in

Tacooba

Joined Nov 26, 2022
I am trying to simulate TI opa1656 using windows 11 in LTspice. It does not work, rather the unknown subcircuit called in error appears : Xu1 n006 n002 n004 0 n003 opa1656.I'll appreciate a solution from anyone . The schematic is attached. Thank you very much.

Attachments

Tacooba

Joined Nov 26, 2022
You're welcome. Let me know how it works out.
Unfortunately the simulation did not work. Now LTspice indicates "could not open .include" I must admit I am a novice to LTspice. However, I downloaded LM358 into the lib. Sub. folder of LTspice and the simulation ran fine. The opa 1656 is located in the same folder yet it does not work. I must be missing something or everything. Really need to have it working. Thanks for understanding.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Unfortunately the simulation did not work. Now LTspice indicates "could not open .include" I must admit I am a novice to LTspice. However, I downloaded LM358 into the lib. Sub. folder of LTspice and the simulation ran fine. The opa 1656 is located in the same folder yet it does not work. I must be missing something or everything. Really need to have it working. Thanks for understanding.
So did you put the schematic (.asc file) and the opa1556 (opa1556.lib file) in the same folder. If the two files are in the same folder it should be able to find it. The only other possible problem is the symbol used for the opamp.

Read the LTspice Help file on the subject of .inc and .lib directives. Here is what my version says:

.INCLUDE -- Include Another File
An absolute path name may be entered for the filename. Otherwise LTspice looks first in the directory %HOMEPATH%\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib\sub and then in the directory that contains the calling netlist and finally in the list of directories listed in the Library Search Path.
I added the bold underline to the above text​

Last edited: