Uninterrupted power supply UPS

Khader987

Joined Apr 16, 2017
Hello everyone , i was wondering about the ups , af far as i know it is an uniterruptable power supply , so the load (or the inverter ) draws its current directly from the battery that is charging at the same time !!! How is that possible ?? But i think that the rectifier should supply both the battery and the inverter , and when the power is off then the battery starts to supply the inverter , but isnt this an interruption for a split second or it does not count !!?? Isnt this senario an aps instead of ups !!?

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
If you want a Real UPS you will want to find one that is called ONLINE UPS...

Most normal UPS can have a 10ms to 100ms change over time. Most are under 5ms So really it isn't constant. Where the ONLINE one is one that is AC in switch for charging battery, DC to AC that runs off battery full time. to outlet on unit. So if power is out it just no longer has the ability to charge battery. Still provides power to the outlet until battery is depleted.

johnperes

Joined Jul 20, 2018
I think you No, a battery can't be charged and discharged at the same time. If a battery is connected to a charger delivering 1 A and a load drawing 3 A, then the battery will be discharged at 2 A. There is no simultaneous charging and discharging going on.

trebla

Joined Jun 29, 2019
Online UPS batteries can be hold in constant buffer charge condition where charge voltage level is less than in cyclic charge mode. Therefore must charger/regulator module hold this voltage level on the battery and for the inverter input in wide range of current drawn by battery and inverter.