Why My Uninterrupted Power Supply Need to be slapped EveryTime To charge ?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by jihadsamarji, May 16, 2012.

Why My Uninterrupted Power Supply Need to be slapped EveryTime To charge ?

1. Battery expired ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. UPS problem ?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. jihadsamarji

Thread Starter New Member

May 16, 2012
    I've installed a UPS for my house (220V mains), connected with 2 car batterys. In my area the daily power outage is 4 hours, So When the power is out, my rooms and computer still function from the UPS. but suddenly the Red Light Of the Charger that is Called ( MAIN ) is not On even when there's electricity . so i climb to my UPS and Slapped or give it a physical Impact ,In order for The Red light to Function, but after some time the light go off again and need to be reforced . Any Suggestion on what is causing this ?? I send it a technician 2 times and he was not able to solve my problem:(

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    A corroded or loose connection would cause this. Us technicians look for this by poking connections with a plastic stick.

jihadsamarji likes this.
  3. jihadsamarji

May 16, 2012
    Can You plz make a Detailed explanation on how to solve this and what is causing this , cause i'm just not a technician :p

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Detailed explanation: Open the box, connect power, and start poking connections with a plastic stick. When the machine goes on and off as a result of poking something, that is the bad connection.

jihadsamarji likes this.
  5. jihadsamarji

May 16, 2012
    THank you sir , i will try it, and the strange thing is , that when the Main Light go off , a very weak touch or punch can switch it on again .if there's anything else plz Let me know

6. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    Interesting choice of username. :mad:

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Can you translate the username? Holy war against samarji?