uninstall ask.com & other ads

aamirali

Joined Feb 2, 2012
In browser, I get install these freaking adware/ask.com & other.
Even I remove them completely from browser or any other they keep on showing again.
How to remove them permanently.

1. Will malwarebyte be able to remove them or not

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Google it, there is some good advice out there and next time you install something read very carefully what is on the installation dialogs, uncheck the options for anything except the thing you intend to install.

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014
add/remove programs - ask.com will be there if its installed.

IE aslo has a feature of totally resetting the browser to default (original) settings.

JDT

Joined Feb 12, 2009
Google it, there is some good advice out there and next time you install something read very carefully what is on the installation dialogs, uncheck the options for anything except the thing you intend to install.
Also, if you download something, check very carefully where its coming from. For example: if you want flash player, the URL should have "adobe.com" right at the start.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
I'm sorry to tell you that Malwarebytes may not remove Ask successfully.

Successful removal depends upon the depth of infection.
It may simply be that you have not changed your homepage away from Ask (MB does not do this) and the browser goes there and reinfects as soon as you open it.
Change this offline before using the browser online.
Sometimes Ask is protected by another program. 'SearchProtect' is one such. Some are hidden.

Join up to either

http://www.majorgeeks.com/

or

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/

and let them help you.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I recommend the Revo Uninstaller. I kept getting a 1316 Error because it could not locate the original uninstaller in C:\Windows\Installer\...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
electronis whiz Technical Repair 2