Unified system of design documentation

Nureke97

Joined Sep 14, 2022
HI, I want to explore Unified system of design documentation in electrical and automation systems that is used in USA or Germany. I am from Kazakhstan, Central Asia. I am quite familiar with our USDD and would like to learn other international design systems. Can anyone give reliable documentations, please?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
HI, I want to explore Unified system of design documentation in electrical and automation systems that is used in USA or Germany. I am from Kazakhstan, Central Asia. I am quite familiar with our USDD and would like to learn other international design systems. Can anyone give reliable documentations, please?
I'm not certain there exists a widely utilized USDD. I retired almost a decade ago and the only thing I remember is that each company applied point solutions to particular documentation types. The three major types of documents were:
  1. Mechanical drawings
  2. Specifications and manuals
  3. Software, source code, object code, and ROM images
My career spanned the transition from documents produced by draftsmen and secretaries; software rendered on punch cards and paper tape to everything being produced electronically. It is entirely possible that there is some unified system for document creation and control of which I am completely unaware. I too would be curious about such a development.

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
Such systems are: ISO, DIN, ANSI, JIS, GB, BSI...
See http://total-engineering.ru/services/iso-drawings.html
ADDED:

"Comparison of NEMA and IEC schematic diagrams"

Attachments

Last edited:

Nureke97

Joined Sep 14, 2022
I'm not certain there exists a widely utilized USDD. I retired almost a decade ago and the only thing I remember is that each company applied point solutions to particular documentation types. The three major types of documents were:
  1. Mechanical drawings
  2. Specifications and manuals
  3. Software, source code, object code, and ROM images
My career spanned the transition from documents produced by draftsmen and secretaries; software rendered on punch cards and paper tape to everything being produced electronically. It is entirely possible that there is some unified system for document creation and control of which I am completely unaware. I too would be curious about such a development.
Thanks for your response, I meant I completely understand symbols that are used on our schematic diagrams, tried to read a diagram for air compressor of Atlas Copco, it was a mess, omg