Greetings from Thailand - the land of only 2 wire electricity. My apartment is only wired with 2 wires; I added a third grounding wire that went to the buss on the panel board (which looks like it's connected to a water pipe). I get 233 VAC Load to Neutral, 183 VAC Load to Ground, 56 VAC Neutral to Ground. What is going on? The 2 grounding measurements equal 239 VAC (so that is in the ballpark); but isn't this strange. Can you ground (or earthing as it's called here) just one apartment in a building? With that much Voltage around, is it dangerous? My shower has an instant heater - probably a good place to get a shock. I do get various shocks and hums from various metal touched, especially at the split unit air conditioner. Thanks so much for the education, I read lots of search pages; but looking for someone with real experience. Thanks in advance.