Understanding a Battery circuit.?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

You might get some help if you posted a better image. Try a screen capture instead of a picture of the screen so it doesn't have a severe moiré pattern.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Welcome to AAC! Is this school work? Do you see anything that looks like it might be a voltage divider between Pin 2 and the battery?

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Trying to understand what my voltage would be in respect to batt- if taken at U25A pin2. Can anyone help me undertand this and explain.
What is the circuit supposed to do? I don't see any input to it! What do you know about the differential inputs of an operational amplifier? If you understand the basics, the answer is obvious.
Keith

Last edited:

RBR1317

Joined Nov 13, 2010
What is the circuit supposed to do? I don't see any input to it!
The input is the BATT+ pin at the top of the page. The circuit is a signal conditioner for the plus & minus inputs (AINP, AINN) of an analog-to-dgital converter. It appears that the BATT+ voltage can be almost 600 volts.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
The input is the BATT+ pin at the top of the page. The circuit is a signal conditioner for the plus & minus inputs (AINP, AINN) of an analog-to-dgital converter. It appears that the BATT+ voltage can be almost 600 volts.
Thanks for the explanation. It had me puzzled.
Keith

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Got it. Wouldn't it only go thru R412 (path of least resistance) and then to pin 2. Also operational amplifiers circuits as I read do not flow amperage.
You are getting close. R412 and 413 are in series. If the op-amp input is not drawing any current, what will be the voltage on pin 3?