Type of switch that connects three inputs together?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by summersab, Feb 29, 2016.

  1. summersab

    Thread Starter Active Member

    Apr 8, 2010
    Okay, I'm having a stupid moment, here. I need a momentary push button switch that simply shorts three inputs together. If you pardon my crude ASCII art, this is what I'm talking about:

    Code (Text):
    1.     _
    2.   __|__
    3. -◦  ◦  ◦-
    4.     '
    What is that called? Yes, I know I could simulate that with a DPST and short some of the poles to my third wire, but is there such a thing as the switch I'm looking for?
  2. WBahn


    Mar 31, 2012
    I don't think it is a standard switch of any kind, but that doesn't mean that someone hasn't made it at some point (it would probably mean that some high volume application needed such a switch and the cost savings per switch was sufficient to justify the non-recurring engineering costs to make it).
  3. AnalogKid

    AAC Fanatic!

    Aug 1, 2013
    Not that I'm aware of as a catalog standard item. What don't you like about a DPST pushbutton switch. C&K, E-Switch, Alpha, Alps, NKK, Alco, ITT, etc.

  4. summersab

    Thread Starter Active Member

    Apr 8, 2010
    Nothing wrong with using a DPST - I just wondered if I was missing something or wasn't using the right search terms. Guess not. DPST it is!