Two Nanomuscle6p in parallel help

Deltafee

Joined May 22, 2015
Hello, have a project where I have two nano muscles in parallel connected to a 5Volt usb power source. The operating range for the Nanomuscles is from 2.5-6.4Volts, the Nominal voltage range is 4.5-6.4 Volts, the
Hold current for full-rated torque is 68 mA (@4.5V) to 52 mA (@6.0V) and a resistance of 8.50 Ohms. I know that the Usb power source powers around 1 A or 1000mA which is 932-948 over what it can take, I know the simplest solution would be to connect it to a different power supply but I can't do that because the when this project connects to the main project it will be powered at 5V and 1 amp batteries supply which will also power a raspberry pi that will be controlling it. So How do I reduce the current from 1 A to around 53mA? I was thinking a current limiter but all current limiters I looked at where surface mounts. unfortunately the raspberry pi does not produce enough current to power them. I was also thinking maybe a can put a smaller resistor I am attaching the datasheet of the Nanomuslce with this post.

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You're missing the point of how a psu works, your items take 68mA each thats 136mA total, your psu will give out IF NEEDED upto 1Amp,

the psu won't push out 1Amp all the time, it only supplies what the loads need.