two 7 segments displays

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
In what part of the problem? You have four boxes. Treat each box as a separate problem. And the first two boxes you don't need to actually design the guts of, just be sure that you fully understand the information and how that information is represented as it is communicated from them to the other boxes.

Until we have firmly established the connections between the boxes, it is premature to talk about what might be inside them.

garcon

Joined Jan 3, 2014
For the connections, box1 and box2 connect to box3 (the 2's comp box).

box3 connects to another box(BCD) that will produces the inputs for the two 7-sgements.

If this is not correct, I seriously may ask your help for a bit more hint.
please be aware that I am completely new for this field and if it sounds silly, sorry to bother

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Just saying that one box connects to another doesn't cut it. Several times I have asked you to describe what information is conveyed from one box to another and, much more importantly, how that information is represented.

If I tell you that I have a temperature sensor that outputs a voltage and I connect it to another box whose job it is to generate the signals for two common-anode 7-seg displays to display the temperature, what signals should the box output if the voltage coming out of the first box is 1.843V? Can you even say what the digits are that should be displayed?

You have no idea, do you?

Of course not. Because I haven't told you how the information is represented by that voltage. Nor have I told you what temperature scale the displayed reading should be in. Now, if I told you that the voltage coming out of the box is 0V when the temperature is -10°C and that it increases 0.15V/°C above that and if I also told you that the displayed reading should be in °C, now you can determine what the reading needs to be, what the signals coming out of the box need to be, and how to convert from the voltage signal to those digital output levels.

But you can't even start unless you know EXACTLY how the information in your system is represented -- because your system is incapable of operating on the information, but rather it acts on the representation.

So I ask again. For each connection between any two boxes. What, precisely, is the information that is passed from one box to another and how, precisely, is that information represented?

garcon

Joined Jan 3, 2014
If really, I understand to answer this question, I will be expert....but as a completely new for this subject, I am lost. instead of asking me question, please give me some hint like do this, do that....

Sorry, when we don't know and when it is first time, this is annoying for others but I am learning