TSOP 31230-FREQUENCY DETECTION QUESTION-PROBLEM

optus

Joined Oct 25, 2019
hi opus.
You are confusing IR energy detection with Coded IR signal recognition.
Did you read that PDF I posted.???
E
Yes,but to be honest i do not understand much.I want to detect frequency of lets say 30 kHZ ignoring all other frequencies.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Can't you use coded addresses to get the selectivity you want? That's how TV's and other remotes know which button has been pressed.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Yes,but to be honest i do not understand much.I want to detect frequency of lets say 30 kHZ ignoring all other frequencies.
Sorry, I responded before seeing several of the replies. I do not believe the IR device you are using allows detection of the modulation frequency. If you want to do that, you could use a simple IR detector, but it will be more complicated.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
OK...another question
IS THERE ANY TSOP THAT WOULD NOT DETECT 38 kHZ(TV REMOTE) FREQUENCY???
TSOP stands for Thin Small Outline Package. You are using the term to describe the function of the silicon inside the package.
It might be possible to use an IR detector and look at the actual modulated signal. We never did that; we only looked at the presence or absence of modulation.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
The way to avoid responding to other remotes is to use a data protocol. This is how various remotes can operate on the same frequency without interfering. You can send a specific code that must be recognized before you respond. Of course this pretty much requires microcontrollers in both transmitter an receiver.

Bob

optus

Joined Oct 25, 2019
Thank you guys!
I am aware that microcontrolers should be used for proper functioning protocol between transmiter and reciver,but i do not have programing knowledge yet.I am using two 555 timer for creating 30 kHZ in bursts.I menaged to comunicate between transmiter and reciver on distance aprox 10 m and i am good with that.Problem is that i want to my transmiter acts as remote controler on frequency 30 kHZ and would not be interupted with TV remote control.It would be cool if my transmiter would be unique for lighting up an led with on/off button.

optus

Joined Oct 25, 2019
I am trying to find this product online but witouth sucess.On the manufacturer's page this product is unavailable

optus

Joined Oct 25, 2019
When i consider things a bit beter i think that these two chips are not good idea because on the reciever side i must include some of the TSOP'S and they will(again) detect a wide range of frequencies and my goal is to operate at one frequency only.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
How many receivers to you need to address independently? How many functions on each receiver do you need to control? (I suspect just one.)

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
When i consider things a bit beter i think that these two chips are not good idea because on the reciever side i must include some of the TSOP'S and they will(again) detect a wide range of frequencies and my goal is to operate at one frequency only.
It won't matter if the TSOP receives the signal as the decoder will reject everything except the code it is expecting.

optus

Joined Oct 25, 2019
It won't matter if the TSOP receives the signal as the decoder will reject everything except the code it is expecting.
Thank you...as i said before i dont know too much about this subject but with every question there is some answer and i can learn more and more.