Trying to make a single tooth or a delay Sawtooh signal

sagivbh

Joined Jan 15, 2018
Hello, Im using the circuit down below that i found online, its a Sawtooth generator. im trying to make that this generator would output a single tooth or a delay signal(both good) but im new at this and i dont know how to. i tried to charged a capacitor to 60% that its linear and then to uncharged it, but i didnt manage to do it either. someone can help me solving this problem? Thanks.

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
im trying to make that this generator would output a single tooth or a delay signal(both good)
If you just need a delay, why are you talking about a sawtooth?
Or do you need both?

What will trigger (start) this single event?

Tell us exactly what need, not your proposed solution.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Still too vague.
What is the frequency and duty-cycle of the signal (sawtooth length versus time between).
What is "long enough"?

sagivbh

Joined Jan 15, 2018
the frequency should be 400 hz and the time between every tooth should be 5 second, thats what i meant "long enough". im not familiar with the term duty cycle but i will go learn about it. Thanks.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Okay, I think we now have the requirements.

Below is the LTspice simulation of a circuit that should do what you want.
It uses one astable 555 to generate the 5s period which triggers a 555 one-shot to provide the sawtooth.
I used a two transistor constant-current source (it's a stiffer source than the single transistor, two diode circuit, and requires only one part type) to generate the sawtooth.

Note that the sawtooth output (node C) is a high impedance point and will need a buffer amp (such as an op amp follower) if you load it with any significant resistance (<1MegΩ).

upload_2018-1-17_14-37-25.png

Attachments