Trying to find a switch

musicalavtech

Joined Mar 23, 2012
Over the past couple of days, I've spent a good chunk of time looking online for a dpdt mbb panel-mount slide switch, and it's like the part doesn't exist. Is there some secret source for that part?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Slide switches are the least expensive kind of switch, and they can be produced with less expensive tooling than most other kinds, with the result that they are mostly produced in large production runs of a fewer styles. So they may not exist in the variation that you seek. Thus you may need to consider an alternative arrangement.

musicalavtech

Joined Mar 23, 2012
If you need ten of those it would be a fair deal. But the toggle switches are what I was talking about. There are guards toprevent accidental operation of those switches available.
Perhaps you are thinking of a front toggle switch. That is not an option on this charvel guitar because it would require making a hole in the wood. Nor an option on the back because a toggle switch would sometimes hit my midsection and would not lay in the guitar case very well. The back has an access cover that is perfect for a low profile slide switch.

I reckon most of anyone is tired of hearing me groan about the lack of availability of what should be an easy switch to find, or alternative solution, so we can let this thread rest. Thanks to all who posted.