Trying to connect several things to one plug, not sure how to go about it.

leed2397

Joined Nov 4, 2019
Hey guys
I'm trying to connect x8 PC fans and x2 Ultrasonic Mist Makers so they can all turn on together when switched on at the wall. Not sure what sort of power supply I need, or do possibly a PC fan hub to connect all the fans together? What other equipment do I need and how would you go about connecting them all together?
I'm using x8 of these PC Fans
I'm using x2 of these Mist Makers
I live in Ireland so the plug sockets are 3 pronged and 230v/50Hz. Sorry if this is a stupid question, as I said I'm brand new to this and would rather not electrocute myself.
Thanks!

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

What do you intend to do with the mist makers and fans?
If you want the fans to blow away the mist, the mist will be gone very soon.
Also I do not see any power supply specs for the mist makers.
In some other adds I see they could be 24 Volts.

Bertus

leed2397

Joined Nov 4, 2019
The fans are to be placed either side of the mist to create a sort of mist curtain. I've done some tests with components separately and it does work. As far as I know, the mist makers should be 24V and the fans should be 12V.

Thanks!

leed2397

Joined Nov 4, 2019
Hello,

What do you intend to do with the mist makers and fans?
If you want the fans to blow away the mist, the mist will be gone very soon.
Also I do not see any power supply specs for the mist makers.
In some other adds I see they could be 24 Volts.

Bertus
The fans are to be placed either side of the mist to create a sort of mist curtain. I've done some tests with components separately and it does work. As far as I know, the mist makers should be 24V and the fans should be 12V.

Thanks!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Thanks for your reply! Do you know would I go about connecting everything together? Thanks again
If you are certain that the misters require 24VDC then you will need 24VDC adapaters.
You could try wiring two identical 12VDC fans in series and power them from one 24VDC adapter and see if they work.