Trying to buy this JST connector...no luck!

lpowers

Joined Oct 20, 2017
Hi,

I'm working on a project that involves a Raspberry Pi case that contains a small circuit board. We need to reroute their board to our RPi header. The easiest way would be to use their onboard header with our own connector and wires. I have searched Amazon, talked to digi-key, etc... and cannot identify this connector. I think it's a JST connector. It's an 8-pin unit. The pin pitch appears to be 1.2 mm (which doesn't seem to be a standard, or current, JST - most are 1.0 mm or 1.25 mm). Overall connector width appears to be about 10.5 mm. Maybe it's not even a JST brand but a knock-off or another company.

Ideally, I need the connector with wires attached (about 8" so we can connect dupont connectors on the other end).

Can anybody help?

Thanks!

Attachments

lpowers

Joined Oct 20, 2017
Are you sure it is not 1.25 mm?
You know, maybe you're right! Looking again at the photo of the connector against the ruler, it does look like it could be 1.25 mm. I did find some 8-pin 1.25 mm pitch connectors, but the connector itself was too wide so I assumed I needed 1.2 mm pitch. I'll go back to searching for 1.25 mm and see what I can find.

Thanks for your help!

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
You might also get a 1.27 mm (0.050") pin header and see if it fits:
upload_2019-3-8_23-27-8.png

There is only about 0.001" difference" per pair, which is enough to feel over the width of a few pins. I could not find 1.25 mm pin headers.