Truly amazing—restoring an old clockwork toy…

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
There are quite a few ”restoration“ channels on YouTube. They range from frauds (making things bad to ”restore“ them) to very impressive. The usual format is no narration (though sometimes titles), ASMR-style audio, and close up photography with an artistic flair.

I don’t watch too many of these videos but today one was recommended to me, so I decided to put it on in the background. All I can say is “wow”. I was not expecting what I saw. I am very impressed with the creator’s skill set and tools. It went in a direction that took me completely by surprise. I might even feel a little jealous—I would love to have those tools, and the skills on display that I understand but don’t have.

I won’t give any spoilers, while it’s long, I would encourage you to watch it so you can have the experience of surprise that I did. I am sure some of you already know this YouTuber, though I never saw him before, and if you don’t know him, you know of other restorers who do amazing things (I’ve seen others).

I would really love to have some suggestions for others, also for the benefit of those thread-readers who are just discovering this genre, or already like it but don’t know what is out there.