Treadmill safety key circuit

Bribbus

Joined Sep 22, 2020
Hi all,

I must premise, I am very little educated or familiar with electronics, so please bear with me,as I am trying to figure things out.

Anyway, my treadmill safety key circuit seems to have been damaged (you can see evidence of rust) by my sweating possibly...
Can I by-pass it? If so can you tell me how?

Please look at the pics of the circuit for your reference.

Thanks for looking

Marco

Attachments

drc_567

Joined Dec 29, 2008
... As a first step, obtain a spray container of electrical contact cleaner ... available at many hardware type stores, and apply a liberal amount to the switch or whatever seems to be corroded, activating it several tImes while spraying. Then allow sufficient time for the spray to evaporate and dry. The success of this method mostly depends on the damage done to the parts that are involved.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Bribbus,
I would not recommend bypassing a Safety Switch, it is there for a reason.
Contact the supplier for a replacement switch.
E

Bribbus

Joined Sep 22, 2020
Hi E,

I agree about the danger involved and I am going this direction as a last resort.
I bought this Treadmill via amazon and the Chinese supplier fails to communicate with me at all. Plus, I am running against time here, with two kids in school the chances of being quarantined are high and I need some temporary fix to ensure some working out if stay-at-home order kicks in.

cheers

Marco

Bribbus

Joined Sep 22, 2020
... As a first step, obtain a spray container of electrical contact cleaner ... available at many hardware type stores, and apply a liberal amount to the switch or whatever seems to be corroded, activating it several tImes while spraying. Then allow sufficient time for the spray to evaporate and dry. The success of this method mostly depends on the damage done to the parts that are involved.
So I sprayed the circuit with a contact cleaner. It seems to have improved things a little but it did not solve the problem completely. After few minutes, the issue came back.
Can anybody help me by passing this?

Thanks

Marco