Treadmill MC60 controller issue

nitemare115

Joined Feb 23, 2017
Hi guys,

Hoping for a little help here.
I have a 6 year old Nordictrack treadmill - EXP 1000 - NCTL09993.

The treadmill display will power on, incline and decline function also work but the treadmill belt will not move.
I have opened the hood and done an inspection of the boards.

The power supply board has 3 led's that are consistently on and a fourth one that flickers when I press start for the treadmill.
I don't think there is an issue with this board.

I have done the drill battery test for the motor and the belt rotates when the motor power cables are connected to the drill battery.
I don't think there is an issue with the motor either.

The treadmill uses a MC60 controller. None of the led's on the board ever light up whether I turn on the treadmill
or change speed settings. The leads me to believe the controller is fried.
I recently ordered a new one and when installed, the new one showed the same symptoms.
Either something else is wrong with the treadmill or I just got extremely unlucky with another defective controller.

Please help!!

Thanks

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If no LED's light then you have no 12vdc so it sounds like a power supply problem, if you tried another controller then check for fuse and power at the AC!/AC2 terminals.
Max.

nitemare115

Joined Feb 23, 2017
Thanks for the response.

I have checked the power supply board and next to the AC1/AC2 terminals is an LED labelled LD1 that stays on while the treadmill
is powered on. Does this still mean there is a possible failure on the power supply board?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You can check this board on the bench if you have a 10k pot to connect to the three terminals and supply power and use a Lamp on the motor terminals.
Max.

nitemare115

Joined Feb 23, 2017
I was able to solve the problem.

One of the AC output wires from the power board needed to be connected to another wire from the motor.

It must have came loose over time and the treadmill stopped working. When I opened the console, I thought they were
two random unused wires as they were not connected to anything.
This lead me to wrongly believe the motor board was fried. After connecting these two wires the motor board LED's
light up and the treadmill belt turns.

I would like to thank you for helping me solve this problem as I would have never came to this realization if you
hadn't suggested checking the AC1/AC2 terminals.

Thank You !