Treadmill FET is burning on load.

redwarez

Joined Jul 27, 2018
Dear Team,

I treadmill motor was burned few days before and it was replaced with new motor. Even i replaced the new motor i was getting "ER02" in my display and i decided to check the PCB. The technician found that the FET was burned along with motor and he changed the FET. I connected the PCB with new motor and worked fine. I checked in different speed with no load (not walking or running) and it works perfectly. When i start walking on low speed i feel the belt was moving in slippy manner and i increased the speed. The speed was increased but heard a tick sound and it stopped working with 'ER02". I checked aging and found FET burned. What i noticed, when comparing the motor rating, the old motor was 4.2 Amp and the new one is 7.5 Amp. So do we have any option to change to higher capacity FET without changing the whole board or not.

Photos added for reference.

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It would not take much to try a higher current FET, what is the P.No of the old one?
The ones used on the board that uses those motors is a IRFP250.
Max.

Last edited:

redwarez

Joined Jul 27, 2018
It would not take much to try a higher current FET, what is the P.No of the old one?
The ones used on the board that uses those motors is a IRFP250.
Max.
Dear Max,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please elaborate what exactly needed. Since i am a beginner..

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Locate the Mosfet attached to the heat sink and read the part Number off it.
Depending where you are located, DigiKey is a good source for a suitable selection of substitute.
Max.

scotty1963

Joined Aug 12, 2016
Chances are that FET is not the only thing with an issue . Check to see if there is a low value resistor connected to that FET it may be lower value or open or went high in value now and may possibly show signs of overheating .

Kharemayank

Joined Jun 20, 2020
Hi - i have exactly same problem. Replaced my MOSFET twice but again getting E02, may i know if problem was fixed & if yes then what was the solution? Many Thanks.