Tread mill complaint, is not working.

gopakumar

Joined Mar 14, 2021
My proform 730 ZLT treadmill is not working. The LED blinks 5 times. Display is OK. But motor not running.When start is pressed. The LED blinks 5 times. What is this error code? Please help

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
MC2100 board?
If the TM blinks five times it is usually the processor in the operator panel cannot resolve the speed difference between motor and sensor.
Check the belt sensor for adjustment. To test the main board itself and motor you really need a PWM signal plugged into the HD2 socket.
This tests the board and bypasses any feedback and console controller.

gopakumar

Joined Mar 14, 2021
MC2100 board?
If the TM blinks five times it is usually the processor in the operator panel cannot resolve the speed difference between motor and sensor.
Check the belt sensor for adjustment. To test the main board itself and motor you really need a PWM signal plugged into the HD2 socket.
This tests the board and bypasses any feedback and console controller.
Thanks for the reply. I have some doubts regarding this. The motor is not at all running. Will the processor senses the motor even it is not moving? If it is so, what to do ? Adjusting the sensor will resolve the problem ?

gopakumar

Joined Mar 14, 2021
Have you tried the motor on a different DC source? Automotive battery for e.g.
Yes.. The motor works perfectly.
Let me explain the problem in detail. Under normal working condition, when the power is on, the LED starts glowing continuously. When we press the start button, it starts blinking and the motor starts running. Now, when power is applied, the LED starts glowing continuously but it blinks in every 30 seconds. And when the start button is pressed, it goes off and makes 5 blinks. The motor fails to start. can you help

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If the motor and control appears OK, then I would look at the first comment in my previous post.
" If the TM blinks five times it is usually the processor in the operator panel cannot resolve the speed difference between motor and sensor. "
In this case I would check out the validity of the belt motion sensor.
Some machines use a proximity sensor on the belt, others use a slotted wheel on the motor itself.

gopakumar

Joined Mar 14, 2021
If the motor and control appears OK, then I would look at the first comment in my previous post.
" If the TM blinks five times it is usually the processor in the operator panel cannot resolve the speed difference between motor and sensor. "
In this case I would check out the validity of the belt motion sensor.
Some machines use a proximity sensor on the belt, others use a slotted wheel on the motor itself.
In my treadmill, the speed sensor is a magnetic read switch, which works perfect. And my doubt about his is, how the processor identifies the sensor reading if motor is not working?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There are two processors in the MC2100, one in the main motor board, the other in the console, The operator speed process and monitoring is carried out in the console, the belt sensor goes directly up to the console and any set speed/correction is sent down to the motor board, all via the HD2 plug on the main board.
So the console processor knows the effect of the main board signal sent via the feedback reading of the sensor.

gopakumar

Joined Mar 14, 2021
My problem is not settled yet. Checked the board several times but no use. Actually my driver board is MC2100ELS-18 W. I think it is different from MC2100. The LED blinks one time in every 10 seconds when the power is on. and when the start button is pressed, it starts blinking 5 times. The speed sensor is a magnetic switches which works fine. Please help

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There are several varieties of the MC2100, all basically the same, just some device variations.
One way to find out the area that has the problem is to disconnect HD2 from the motor board and plug in a PWM command signal source, this tests most circuits of the motor board separately to the console processor.
The belt sensor usually also comes into this board, but is immediately directed up to the console processor.
It sounds as though the console processor senses a problem?

gopakumar

Joined Mar 14, 2021
Thanks for the reply. I had connected a PWM signal source but the motor is not running. So the fault must be in the motor control board. Checked the components but none of them is faulty. May be the IC. Isn't it ?

gopakumar

Joined Mar 14, 2021
The control board uses CY8C24223a 20 pin. The pin 11 of this chip (Xtal out) is not active. No output is generated on this pin. Can you suggest the cause ?

gopakumar

Joined Mar 14, 2021
Sad to hear....... The 5 volt supply is ok. Actually the pin number is not 11it's 12. It is an IO pin. Any circuit of that chip is available? I searched several sites but circuit is not available. Is there have any input data which leads to this pin output?