Transistor or relay or what to connect these two circuits?

Darinn

Joined Nov 3, 2019
Hello sorry for such a newbie question. See the image below I used to be really good at electronics but now I'm old and can't remember anything. I just need the circuit with the buzzer to close this normally open switch on a second circuit. I know a relay could do it but wouldn't the transistor be easier? If so what transistor or relay would I need?

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The nature of the SSR you chose requires a source voltage as well as the load.
The nature of the reed switch circuit has to be known if not using simple contact closure.
Max.

Darinn

Joined Nov 3, 2019
it is for a simple contact closure. The wireless transmitter alarm has a place to put contact inputs. And instead of contacts I want to make it so it goes off when the buzzer goes off.

Darinn

Joined Nov 3, 2019
So that is really my question, because it is for a contact closure, and there is no voltage on the other side of the relay, will any relay work that has the correct input voltage? all the relays I can find also have an output voltage and I really don't want an output voltage.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The SSR you point requires a source voltage on the output, there must be a circuit of some kind being closed in the unit.
The SSR does not source the voltage, it is a requirement of the circuit it is operating in to.
A contact closure, coil operated relay does not require any particular source voltage to operate, other than the coil (bridge) side..
Max.