Transistor Equivalent or Substitute used for Power Amplifier.

inOr

Joined May 31, 2017
I've been spending hours trying to find a universal transistor substitution reference online. These books used to be everywhere. All I've found so far is junk. Ads mostly. Links to NTE, which doesn't seem to be interested in providing comprehensive substitution references for obsolete part numbers.
Can anyone provide a link to a true universal transistor substitution reference (or chart, table, book, etc.) that includes obsolete parts?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I've been spending hours trying to find a universal transistor substitution reference online. These books used to be everywhere. All I've found so far is junk. Ads mostly. Links to NTE, which doesn't seem to be interested in providing comprehensive substitution references for obsolete part numbers.
Can anyone provide a link to a true universal transistor substitution reference (or chart, table, book, etc.) that includes obsolete parts?
Those books were published in the days before integrated circuits and automated pick and place machines. People used to service and repair items that used point to point wiring and single sided PC boards. Now with surface mount and automated assembly there is almost no actual repair activity, thus no need for substitute cross references. There is also virtually no market for substitute parts. Nobody can make any money manufacturing and selling parts in small quantities. Major distributors now only sell parts on tape and reel. A reel typically has 3000 parts. Have you ever bought 3000 parts at a crack? Most of us have not.