Transformer with dual primaries

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
So your saying miles and miles of underground water pipe is not sufficient? What would you consider a good ground to be?

In the UK; water mains are being replaced with plastic pipe, it usually comes as far as the rising main in the house.

AFAIK: the electrical regs have been amended to take into account the fact that water pipes may no longer be the reliable earth they used to be.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Can't no one figure this out? It is so stupid and easy! Why not try; instead of speculating! If you take the time to read through the form then you will see why I have not posted proof. I will give you nothing as proof!
I can think of a few reasons why you might think this works, but it would be easier if you were to post a circuit. I will propose only one guess. When you cut your ground wire there is capacitance remaining between the 2 ends. This will look like some AC resistance to your amp, but it may appear to work - kind of. But that is not using only one wire. The return path is still the cut wire. So 2 wires.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
That is all someone had to do was be nice! Here this circuit; when run from a split supply (the power supply not the output IC) operates just fine with no common ground from the output to the input of "the" bass amp or mixer? The output inverting amplifier used was a KA1458. I could not get it to work with a jfet input? Also I removed the ac ground to the wall on both supplies.

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/95160/ETC/CEM3372.html
Maybe a block diagram?