Transformer Identification

paulmcfarland1984

Joined Jul 2, 2020
Hi there,
I'm new to the forum. I've been trying to repair my solar energy management device and unfortunately I haven't been able to get any info from the manufacturer or the producer of the transformer (named on the part) on the specifics. Perhaps looking at the pics someone will be able to guide me as to what to replace it with - any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks very much
Paul

Mod: Brightened your images.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
From what I can tell, if you can decipher the number on the front of that transformer you should be able to go right to Vigortronix for replacement transformers or a third party like Newark.
What is wrong with the transformer, have you tested it?
I get VTX-151-1?520S from that one. Find the second digit and you should be golden.

paulmcfarland1984

Joined Jul 2, 2020
Thanks bwilliams60,
It's not clear in the picture but I was fairly certain the obscure ? was a 5. Unfortunately I didn't get any response from Vigortronix and I can't see anything similar after trolling through their site. There was a short on the board (of my immersun) and I have randomly replaced a few parts. I got it working before. I was hoping it might be this item as there was a fair flash burn beside it. To be honest, taking it apart it looks like it was fine anyway. I think it's a 1:1000 CT so I'll order one at 50A and give it a go. Nothing to lose.