Transformer identification

beic

Joined Jun 13, 2016
Hi there,

I have some transformator here, and I wish to use it, my question is that how many ampers can pull from it?

Thank you for your answer!

Kind regards

beic

Joined Jun 13, 2016
Is it possible that it's giving me 5 Amps at 220V / 24V?
Is my calculation right from the transformer above?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
In my experience I would say 3 Amps would be a safe continuous working current at 24V, that would make the transformer approx 100VA.
Is it possible that you could run a test on the transformer, monitoring the current, voltage and operating temperature.??
E

beic

Joined Jun 13, 2016
hi,
In my experience I would say 3 Amps would be a safe continuous working current at 24V, that would make the transformer approx 100VA.
Is it possible that you could run a test on the transformer, monitoring the current, voltage and operating temperature.??
E
Thank you for your quick answer,

I need just to be shoure that it's rated (can handle) max 3 Amps (I would not use more than 1-3 Amps tops anyway).

I want to use it with this DYI 0-30V 2mA-3A Adjustable DC Regulated Power Supply Module

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
If it is 24Vrms, I would expect a maximum Vout of 24Vdc at 3Amps, it looks like a linear PSU, I do not see any inductors.?

Do you have a datasheet or link for the PCB.?

E

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi b,
Read that OK.
It is a linear supply.
As the heat sink is 'small' I would ensure you follow the 'Precautions note' printed in that datalink regarding over heating the regulator.
Let us know how it works when you have built/tested the project.
If you have a 3 wire mains supply, L, N and Earth, I would connect the transformer frame to the Earth wire.
E

beic

Joined Jun 13, 2016
Okay then, yes, that power transistor Q4 - D1047 will be on big heatsink, and yes I have 3 wire mains supply, so I will do like you proposed!

Thank you again for your support!

Kind regards,
Viktor