Transcribe Video to text

Thread Starter

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
30,813
Anyone have a good program that transcribes a Youtube video text to printable format that is free with no strings>
I have used one in the past but now they require $$$ !
 

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
11,655
Be careful, I used to get songs off youtube videos using such apps, but most of them are scams that will infect your computer. I stopped using them and bought the songs.
 
If the video already has captions, try YouTube's own "Show transcript" in the video description first. YouTube Help says that opens the full transcript for captioned videos. I'd copy the text into a document and print that, rather than start with a separate transcription service. If the option isn't there, this route won't help with that video.
 

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
35,188
When you open a YouTube video, look at the brief description under the video.
See if there is ...more

1790869403889.png

Click on ...more and you should see:

1790869458761.png

Click on Show transcript and the transcript will appear in the upper right corner of the window.
You can toggle on/off the timestamps as well as change the text language.
 
Top