Track teared because of MOSFET drain connected to ground source connected to power

Jp777

Joined Dec 14, 2019
Hello Iam developing one controller board for our application here we designed one board with multiple ics and mosfets ...In design i connected N channel MOSFET terminal in a wrong way like drain connected to the ground
Source connected to power...So when iam powering up the circuit with lion battery battery connectors are getting smoke and my pcb tracks teared of in the source area where power supply positive terminal connected wrongly...So please anyone kindly tell me the pcb tracks brokened due to that MOSFET polarity or any other thing may cause of it.. actually we are not connected in that MOSFET switch even ...without connecting load it's burning....

Last edited:

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
.In design i connected N channel MOSFET terminal in a wrong way like drain connected to the ground
Source connected to power... <snip> So please anyone kindly tell me the pcb tracks brokened due to that MOSFET polarity or any other thing may cause of it..
The parasitic diode is conducting. Without a schematic, specifications for the battery power supply, and board trace with, thickness, and length, we can only guess why.

Your post would be easier to read if you used paragraphs and just one '.' with a space after it to end sentences.

Last edited:

Jp777

Joined Dec 14, 2019
Welcome to AAC!
The parasitic diode is conducting. Without a schematic, specifications for the battery power supply, and board trace with, thickness, and length, we can only guess why.

Your post would be easier to read if you used paragraphs and just one '.' with a space after it to end sentences.
Thank you for your reply .