Toshiba 40l1333b (SSL400_05DA) - backlight problem

oldmazda

Joined May 18, 2020
Do not apply voltage to things you have no idea about.
U will probably blow the LED's.
60V is nominal for those strips but they are distributed and current limited.

Just check the LED's of the dead strips one by one. Use 5V with series 330Ω or 470Ω resistor to check the each LED separately.
I use my CC PSU to test each strip separately and then check the LED with DMM.

You apply power to those LED's without current limit, you will blow them.
I appreciate your help on this.Wat i have is 2 AA batteries joined to kick out appro 3v to show if LED lights up doing 1 at a time, and i have a power unit what kickes out 24v DC to check the strips as 1 at a time . Will these be ok

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Some LED's take more than 3V to light.
Take 3 "AA" batteries. series them and use 220R , 0.5W resistor in series with the 4.5V cells. Hook up some wires, disconnect TV power and driver PCB.
Just touch the lead to solder terminal of LED. U need to remove the reflector to access the LED terminal

You should not use the 24V PSU if it does not have current limit. i.e. adjustable current limit.

oldmazda

Joined May 18, 2020
Some LED's take more than 3V to light.
Take 3 "AA" batteries. series them and use 220R , 0.5W resistor in series with the 4.5V cells. Hook up some wires, disconnect TV power and driver PCB.
Just touch the lead to solder terminal of LED. U need to remove the reflector to access the LED terminal

You should not use the 24V PSU if it does not have current limit. i.e. adjustable current limit.
Thankyou once again , I will do as you said and get back on here with results and see how we do may be a day or two ,most probably tomorrow about this time . I am in UK and its 20.28 now , Regards H.