Tms project

Michle

Joined May 29, 2022
Power source is 2 kelo volt DC the scr is used as a fast switching device here to deliver to stimulating coil but am not sure how to connect it as it has three legs gate anode and cathode

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
This could take forever. Please post a link to the source of that image.

Why do you think you need an SCR? It is entirely possible that your question is based on a bad design, or at least on bad information.

Also, an SCR is not a simple device like a transistor. It requires a control circuit to cause it to turn on at the appropriate time. And, an SCR is a latch. Once it is triggered and has latched on, how will you turn it off?

ak

Last edited:

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
am not sure how to connect it as it has three legs gate anode and cathode
Without picking on you or dissing you in any way, that statement is exactly why you should be nowhere near this type of device. By your own statements, you do not know the bare basics of semiconductor devices, and that's kinda important when you are pumping watts of energy into a live person's brain.

ak

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
To the mods: I disagree. There was much more to my post than just the question about power. Also, the power question was about any external power sources, not just about more details for the cryptic 2kV gadget.

ak

Michle

Joined May 29, 2022
i use power generator and i could lower to 500 volts but there are no simple enough articles to build such a device

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
First, as above, that is not the correct schematic symbol for an SCR; it is the symbol for two signal diodes or rectifier diodes connected in inverse parallel. This is in no way the equivalent of an actual SCR.

I found the original article. That image is not a schematic of any kind; it is a concept drawing. The text gives some indication of what is missing, but almost zero technical details. My guess is that there are at least dozens, if not hundreds of electronic components that are not shown. There also might be a computer connection or an internal microprocessor to control of the timing functions.

Is this something you want to build for your own use?

ak

Last edited: