TL431/Opto simulation for a SMPS

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hi

TL431ED looks ok to me. See below.

TL431ED.png

TL431A. See below

TL431A.png

All I did was change the model statement and symbol.

eT

Last edited:

Elerion

Joined Sep 11, 2017
TL431ED looks ok to me.
Looks great actually. But that is not what I'm getting.
There must be another variable involved (?), but I don't know what can it be.
Maybe some others could try to run the simulation and share their results. Any idea?

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Please, attach the exact same asc and library you are using when getting that TL431ED output. There must be some difference with mine. I'd like to do a deep comparison. Thanks.
Here it is.
I've included the schematic.
I didn't include the 4n25 but you should already have that. Its the one that comes with LTSpice.

eT

Attachments

Elerion

Joined Sep 11, 2017
Here it is.
Ok! You're using Bordodynov's mod.
It works for me too.
I thought you were using the exact same resources I attached to my first post. That one fails to work in the circuit under those particular component values.

Did you use my model modification?
Yes. It works. I don't understand the mod very well, but it fixes all the issues I had.

Don't you think it's strange? The original TL431ED model seems to be a new and improved version of older ones, which, in theory, should deliver more precise simulations.

http://www.audio-perfection.com/vol...ance-simulation-of-tl431-shunt-regulator.html

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Ok! You're using Bordodynov's mod.
It works for me too.
I thought you were using the exact same resources I attached to my first post. That one fails to work in the circuit under those particular component values.
Hmm...I downloaded the one from your first post. I downloaded it a couple times to be sure.
odd...