TL062CN Op-amp first issue

This is a very significant problem in this forum and many other forums: beginners purchase unknown-origin components from Alibaba or Ebay, without them understanding the risks.

Many times the problem is compounded by the circuit itself, usually copied from an untested web page.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Add to that their general lack of interest in relating the full story of what happened and why. A line or two on the actual solution might be appreciated by the next reader of the thread.

maver144

Joined Jul 12, 2020
I'm still not sure why the first circuit didn't work. There is a risk I have broken it somehow meanwhile testing various configurations. However, I built it again using another op-amp (ne5532). After a little bit of reading, the circuit has been slightly modified. I attach the final schematic.

I also shorten elements legs. Be aware that filter on non-inverting input might need to be adjusted depending on your signal frequency.

Attachments

Last edited:

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
hi 144,
Welcome to AAC.
Is there a DC voltage on the XR2206 output.?
E
I have 1 of the $15 ebay XR2206 gen's, it was single rail, and iirc wasn't exactly centered as I'd expect from 12V, regardless of Pk-Pk. . I'm sure a lot of them are. Mine had a lot of jitter, but it was fine for the $15, and being my 1st 1.

I never tried to quantize the output impedance or anything. I bought a few of the chips to experiment with, as old cheap chips. I look forward to trying to model some of it in LTSpice.

Last edited: