Timer/Relays/Motor/ -Newbie Asking Questions!

Bernardo Cartaxo

Joined Feb 18, 2016
Hello everyone first timer so my name is John my pleasure,
some questions are super noobish i just want to be sure for my first time i am seeing this correctly so i can make less mistakes in the future :D.

I am trying to make an incubator but since i am new to electronics some questions arised, i have searched and i know what i need more or less still i need some questions cleared out.

1- if my motor says AC 30v-50/60hz, means i will need to feed it with that amount of power so maybe use a transform or relay to lower the current to 30v?, that transform or relay will need to be exactly 30v or it can be higher or lower? good and bad that can come out of it?.

2- In case my motor says AC 220-240V then i can just hook it up to the current?.

3- i am still having some problems on having a clear image on connecting the relays to the motor for CW and CCW rotation but atm mostly important is that i purchase stuff right, so i was thinking to use;

-ac 220v-240v Lcd digital power programmable timer switch time relay 16a

-relay??? i dont know which one i need here i know i will need 2 of them so i can make the motor run both ways.

-ac 30v 4w 4rpm micro synchronous motor for microwave oven (already explained on the first question, would probably need a relay to lower the power)
or maybe use a ac 220v-240v 4w 4rpm micro synchronous motor for microwave oven and stay in 220v-240v?.

-micro limit switch to make the stops on each side,
Product Name : Micro Switch;Model : SV-166-1C25;Actuator Type : Long Hinge Roller Lever
Rating : 3-16A 250VAC;Action Type : Momentary;Contact configuration : SPDT 1NO 1NC
not sure about the micro limit switch if they work or not or if there arent any problems with different voltages.

would be nice to have lower power consumption to.

i really would like to hear from you, any advices are welcome.

thanks

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You wont need a relay just a transformer dropping it to 30Vac, as for direction change it should run in one direction unless its a capacitor run type, and a simple spdt switch will do.

Bernardo Cartaxo

Joined Feb 18, 2016
thanks for replying Dave, well since i want it all electronic a spdt switch wont do.

you havent read all of it :D since i said i want to add a timer to it ac 220v-240v Lcd digital power programmable timer switch time relay 16a.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Yes, and you haven't specified which motor voltage you want either...if its 230V put it on the timer output, otherwise put the transformer on the output and that feeds the motor.

Last edited:

Bernardo Cartaxo

Joined Feb 18, 2016
maybe my writing is agressive or i dont know but lets not go that way.

in the first question i talk about a 30vac motor that is the motor i have.
but i was questioning myself if would be better to use that one with a transformer or simple go to the 220-240 vac and skip the transformer if that would be the case i would prefer the 220v.

thank you.